Reporting to General Manager
Peterborough Musicfest (PMF) is a non-profit, charitable organization that has offered free-admission concerts on Wednesday and Saturday evenings every summer since 1987. Our stage has seen the likes of Dallas Green from City and Colour, Terri Clarke, k-os, Walk Off the Earth, Tegan & Sara, Carly Rae Jepsen, Our Lady Peace, Tom Cochrane, Kiefer Sutherland, and many more. PMF is one of the largest free-admission festivals of its kind in Canada and has an outsized impact on the local economy, generating upwards of $5M in economic activity. We’re proud of what we have built, and we invite qualified candidates to bring their talent and passion to our team.
Peterborough Musicfest seeks an Administrative Assistant (part-time contract) from October 26th, 2020 to February 28th, 2021 with the possibility of extension into the summer concert series at Del Crary Park.
Note: The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. You must be between 15 and 30 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada to qualify for this position.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- This role will assist the General Manager with various festival tasks.
- Book meetings through doodle and zoom.
- Book media interviews, Fleming College presentations.
- Monitor phone calls, email correspondence, and make bank deposits.
- Events & Fundraisers
- Manage Diners Super Savers fundraising campaign.
- Assist Events Coordinator with media news conferences and sponsorship functions.
- Control task timelines for Musicfest team.
- Assist with Musicfest off-season events.
- Sponsorship Sales & Relations (along with the entire team)
- Support new sponsorship sales and renew current Musicfest sponsor contracts.
- Sell Fest Friend packages to interested callers.
- Ensure that all sponsorship solicitations are coordinated, and that both sponsors and potential sponsors have a positive and consistent experience.
- Support growth in our sponsorship base within the county as well as focus on surrounding regions like the GTA and Durham Region. Support CRM Pipedrive alongside the General Manager.
- Look for opportunities to improve sponsorship packages.
- Prepare sponsor contracts, invoicing and collect fees.
- Coordinate kiosk & vendor sales.
- Coordinate Gift-in-Kind and contesting documentation.
- General Skills
- 3-4 years of experience in an administrative Event experience is an added benefit.
- College diploma or significant experience in tourism, retail sales, hospitality, customer service and/or equivalent.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Ability to work in a Mac based environment an asset.
- Microsoft Office experience is a must.
- Written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ability to show diplomacy and professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and appropriately.
- Professional and presentable when meeting with sponsors and the board of directors.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resumé by email no later than Thursday October 8, 2020 at 4pm.
Attention: Tracey Randall, General Manager, Peterborough Musicfest
Peterborough Musicfest is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be kept in confidence. Please note that while we thank all interested individuals, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Competitive salary offered. Flexible schedule available. This is a contract position is based upon a probation period wherein full-time employment may be under review.