**This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). To be eligible, applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the start of employment.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the successful operational and logistical execution of Ptbo Musicfest; while acting in a leadership and management capacity. The position will manage all aspects of festival operations, the volunteer team, the park stage & field crew while collaborating with the Park Manager to ensure vendor, supplier and contracted services are met to satisfaction.
During key-festival times this position will focus on the logistics of Ptbo Musicfest. During non-peak times, volunteerism and developing our volunteer pool will take precedence. This position supervises the field crew, working closely with the office summer staff & General Manager.
Hours and schedule will vary greatly– Evening and weekend work will be strongly prevalent. Must be available on Canada Day, every Wednesday & Saturday throughout July/August.
- Familiarity with event and/or festival operations
- High level experience with recruiting, training and leading a team of volunteers
- Ability to develop creative solutions to operational challenges
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexible, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humour and positive attitude
- Understanding of accessibility protocols and workplace safety practices
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and respond to shifting needs
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
- Flexibility in scheduling and work hours; responsive to unpredictable workflow
- Fluency in Windows & Mac operating systems & applications
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background check
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Park Manager with order placement and overseeing onsite load in/load out
- Manage fly tower stage setup and teardown team
- Ensure that all work completed onsite is in accordance with OHSA regulations and safe work practices
- Communicate operations needs across departments. Work alongside Park Assistant to ensure park is set to go before show time
- Oversee staff/volunteers responsible for the distribution of festival related equipment: radios, venue keys, & golf cart
- Work with City of Ptbo Public Works, local suppliers and contracted sound & lighting team for operations tasks including load in/out logistics, and connecting the Production team to resources as needed
- Remain on-call during festival for emergencies and unexpected change
- Complete post-festival written end of season report and manual
- Work with General Manager and park management to further develop and implement operational guidelines for all aspects of festival
- Where General Manager is not present, serve as on-site Lead
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to:
Kirk Sugrue, Park Manager: email@example.com
Subject: Site Supervisor role
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
30 hours per week
Start date June 20th
End date August 26th
Applications will be screened and interviewed as received. No phone calls, please.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.