Host / Event Coordinator
30 hours per week for 9 weeks
Reporting to the General Manager
Peterborough Musicfest (PMF) is an independent non-profit, charitable organization that typically offers free-admission concerts most Wednesday and Saturday evenings during its summer season. Our stage has seen the likes of Dallas Green from City and Colour, Terri Clarke, Sam Roberts Band, k-os, Walk Off the Earth, Tegan & Sara, Carly Rae Jepsen, Our Lady Peace, Tom Cochrane, Kiefer Sutherland, and many more. PMF is one of the largest free festivals of its kind in Canada and has an outsized impact on the local economy, generating upwards of $5M in economic activity. We’re proud of what we have built, and we invite qualified candidates to bring their talent and passion to our summer team.
**This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). To be eligible, applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the start of employment.
The Host / Event Coordinator role is responsible for:
- Warmly greeting our sponsors / guests at the festival’s events.
- Punctual and friendly to all who enter the VIP sponsor section.
- Co-ordinate ticket packages and our reserved seating/parking process.
- Ongoing social media updates.
- Complete a post-event written report.
Event & Fundraiser Preparation
- Assist Events Committee / PMF team booking press conferences, sponsorship functions and communicating with venue operations.
- Assist the Events team with the successful staging of new events outside our normal park environment.
- Attend all event meetings and brainstorming sessions and assist with putting together a show run.
- Setup Homebase work scheduler portal for summer staff of fifteen.
- Answer phones and reply to festival inquiries via email.
Onsite at outdoor events (July – August)
- Assist with preparing event show runs, support ticket access and work with administration on communications.
- Supervise all front gate volunteers.
- Respond to concerns/inquiries from venue staff and volunteers.
- Assist with artist hotel bookings and special requests.
- Assist the team with merchandise kiosk set-up if it is deemed safe to do so. Prepare merchandise revenue counts, and volunteer merchandiser process management.
- Help organize backstage, including potential sponsor meet & greet and green room cleanup at the end of the night.
- Assist in pick up/delivery of supplies, food, and equipment.
- Must be available to work from PMF office throughout the week. This is an in person position and we ask that you attend every event.
- Approximately two to three years of experience in events or tourism related roles are considered an asset
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy and professionalism under pressure.
- Experience with project management is an asset.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- General administrative duties as required while working from the Musicfest office.
- Fluency in Windows & Mac operating systems & applications.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background check.
- Oral presentation and public speaking skills essential.
- Written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and appropriately.
- Professional and presentable when meeting with sponsors and the board of directors.
Hours and schedule will vary – evening and weekend work is required. We fully understand that this is a big commitment, which is why we ask that you carefully consider your availability before applying for this position.
Note: If the successful applicant shines, we intend on bringing them back for our 2022 summer concert series.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to:
Tracey Randall, General Manager: email@example.com
Subject: Host / Event Coordinator Position
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 15 at 4PM
30 hours per week
Preferred start date: December 27, 2021
End date: February 26, 2022
Applications will be screened and interviewed as received. No phone calls, please.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peterborough Musicfest is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, provincial, and local equal employment opportunity guidelines. Ptbo Musicfest strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, marital status, partnership status and any other characteristic protected by law.