EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
(30 hours per week for 9 weeks)
Reports to the Marketing and Communications Specialist
Peterborough Musicfest (PMF) is an independent non-profit, charitable organization that typically offers 17 free-admission concerts every Wednesday and Saturday evening during its summer season. Our stage has seen the likes of Dallas Green from City and Colour, Terri Clarke, k-os, Walk Off the Earth, Tegan & Sara, Carly Rae Jepsen, Our Lady Peace, Tom Cochrane, Kiefer Sutherland, and many more. PMF is one of the largest free festivals of its kind in Canada and has an outsized impact on the local economy, generating upwards of $5M in economic activity. We’re proud of what we have built, and we invite qualified candidates to bring their talent and passion to our summer team.
**This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). To be eligible, applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the start of employment.
The Marketing Assistant works alongside, and reports to, our Marketing and Communications Specialist to manage all social media platforms. This work will include artist promotion, as well as tracking multiple media portfolios. The incumbent will ensure our sponsors are kept up to date on VIP package benefits and possible onsite backstage “meet & greets” with artists.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with social media promotions, and website updates (this may include the creation of original content using the Adobe Creative Suite, a cellphone or the festival’s DSLR camera).
- Tact and diplomacy while liaising with our valued sponsors.
- Maintain and help to grow our sponsorship and visitor base within the immediate area and surrounding regions (Durham, Kingston and GTA).
- Assist Team with marketing kiosk set-up once safe to do so.
- Assist in merchandise revenue counts when required.
- Assist in pick up/delivery of supplies/food/equipment.
- Complete a post-event written report.
- Must be available to work from the PMF office throughout the week during August and September and occasional Saturdays.
- Two to three years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Demonstrated creativity and lateral thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work within a task-oriented schedule.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humour and positive attitude.
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and respond to shifting needs.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to show diplomacy and professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy.
- Flexibility in scheduling and work hours; responsive to unpredictable workflow.
- Possess intermediate skill using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro), as well as DSLR camera skills with a willingness to jump in and learn as necessary.
- Fluency in Windows & Mac operating systems & applications.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background check.
Hours and schedule will vary – evening and weekend work is required. We fully understand that this is a big commitment, which is why we ask that you carefully consider your availability before applying for this position.
Note: If the successful applicant shines, they may be asked back for our 2022 summer concert series.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to:
Justin Sutton, Marketing and Communications Specialist: email@example.com
Subject: Marketing Assistant
NEW Application Deadline: Friday, July 23 at 4PM
30 hours per week
Preferred start date: August 3, 2021
End date: October 1, 2021
Applications will be screened and interviewed as received. No phone calls, please.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peterborough Musicfest is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, provincial and local equal employment opportunity guidelines. Ptbo Musicfest strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, marital status, partnership status and any other characteristic protected by law.