2019-2020 Board of Directors & Staff
From left to right: Glenn Millar, Ryan Murphy, Tracey Randall, Ryan Cornish, Andrew Davidson, Brenda O’Brien, Shaun Pearce, Le Nguyen, David Feeley, Paul Rellinger, Natalee Habgood, Tracy Condon, Karen Berends, Emily St. Pierre, Justin Sutton.
We are so excited to share with you our 2019-2020 Board of Directors and Musicfest staff members. Each one brings with them experience, knowledge, and their own expertise.
Get to know more about our members below. Each picture is accompanied with three answers to the following questions:
- Why did you get involved with Peterborough Musicfest?
- What two artists (dead or alive) make your dream concert pairing?
- What is a hidden talent of yours?
Keep your eye out for them next summer and don’t forget to say hi and thank them for everything they do to give back to our community!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. It was time for me to give back to the community and there’s no better place to do that than the Musicfest board.
2. Rod Stewart & Blue Rodeo.
3. Grandma shopper of the year.
Paul RellingerVice Chair
1. I got involved because I’ve been a big supporter of Musicfest for a long time. My wife and the kids went all the time in the summer. When the opportunity came up to join, I just couldn’t say no.
2. Sir Elton John & Chicago.
3. I play baseball every single year – 150 games/summer. Look out Bautista!
David FeeleyPast Chair
1. Musicfest provides such a great opportunity for local residents and visitors to enjoy world class free music. Having just a little bit of influence and impact on this amazing concert series is why I am involved.
2. Elton John & Billy Joel.
3. Ability to spin the conversation away from questions that will reveal my hidden talent….Look, a squirrel.
1. Love music and this is a good way to give back to the community.
2. Garth Brooks & Reba.
3. Staying hidden.
1. I wanted to do something really different from my day job and I love the festival because it’s accessible to everyone in our community. It gets people out of their house and off their screens to enjoy music together in a beautiful park in the heart of our city.
2. Chris Stapelton and Adele.
3. Winning door prizes.
1. I love hearing the music from the festival waft through the city; the idea of being part of those sounds-of-summer is exciting.
2. Kraftwerk and David Bowie.
3. I have two green thumbs.
1. The accessibility to all, the sense of community it creates and the diverse talent that’s showcased blows me away. I couldn’t help myself but jump at the opportunity to get involved and give back after enjoying Musicfest concerts myself for so many years.
2. Dixie Chicks and Great Big Sea.
3. Packing for travel – carry on is the only way to go!
1. I love the collective excitement for live music and that our community can offer such an event.
2. Meatloaf and BTO
3. I can spin a penny on a coat hanger – it’s called Kinibling.
1. Musicfest is one of the first things I tell people when describing Peterborough. I want to support this amazing community experience and help it continue to showcase great music to Peterborough and beyond.
2. The Tragically Hip and Foo Fighters.
3. I’m able to listen to podcasts at 1.5+ speed.
1. I like what it does for the community.
2. George Michael and Prince.
3. I can read people by looking at their facial features.
1. Free music is something I believe in very much.
2. John Coltrane & Jimi Hendrix.
3. I can hum along to ANY song…
Tracey RandallGeneral Manager
1. Music rocks my world – giving back to the town that raised me truly makes this a dream job.
2. The Police & Sarah McLachlan.
3. I speak Bemba (Zambian dialect).
Justin SuttonMarketing and Communications Specialist
1. I’m a die-hard music fan. Plus, the festival is one of a handful of reasons I decided to stay in Peterborough. The fact that it’s free for fans adds so much to the community; it’s an honour to be a part of it.
2. David Bowie and Miles Davis. Can you imagine them jamming together?
3. I’m a pretty darn good cook.
Emily St. PierreEvents Coordinator
1. I got involved with Peterborough Musicfest because of my love for music, large events and community outreach.
2. My dream concert would be a Taylor Swift & Tim McGraw duo.
3. I make a mean chocolate chip cookie!
Kirk SugrueSummer Park Manager
1. I enjoy seeing how music can bring everyone together even if it is only for a short time.
2. Mac Miller & J. Cole.
3. I’m a wicked dancer.
Shelby LebeauSummer Park Assistant
1. I love live music and I am currently in school as a technician in the entertainment industry. Music is something that brings people together and brings joy and excitement to them. Some of the happiest people I have ever seen are at this festival watching their favourite performers on stage. Getting to be a part of that is something I am so proud of.
2. Guns n’ Roses and Queen
3. I enjoy creating art with my hands like sculpting